1. SETTING UP A PORTFOLIO
- Have your own website.
- Print your images out. (Personality come through in the pictures)
2. PICKING YOUR PICTURE EDITOR
Do research before you looking for a job.(Editors are looking for a photographer who can execute future commissions)
Show previously published work
Picture editors are looking for concise images which clearly communicate an idea or an emotion.
Call the magazine ahead and get the name of the person to whose attention the submission should be marked.
Label everything with your name and telephone number.
Send your postcard and business card.
3. FINDING A PHOTO AGENT
- Photo agencies exist to liaise with clients and sell photographers' work on their behalf.
- Good way for young photographers to be able to have a connection with clients and publications.
- Can also re-sell your work in several different markets.
4.GETTING A GALLERY
It is a good way to sell your self and get more people to know you.